Parent Volunteer Guidelines:
In accordance with school district policy, we have felt it necessary to outline some guidelines for parent volunteerism that will help ensure the safety of our students and the smooth operation of our school. We understand that working in partnership with our parents can be an immense resource that will benefit our school in many ways, and we want to encourage as much volunteerism as possible to meet the real needs that exist in our school. The guidelines are not intended to discourage volunteers but to help guide volunteer efforts at our school in non-disruptive way that promote safety for our students.
The Parent Volunteer Guidelines are as follows:
All parents must be cleared by the HR department before volunteering.
- No parents are allowed to work alone with students without a thorough background check.
- All copies and communications intended to be distributed to students must be cleared by the PTA President and Principal.
- Volunteers must be cautious about encountering sensitive information at our school and ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- With permission from the Principal and for specific tasks, volunteers can use locations in the building such as the library, faculty lounge, and teacher workroom. Volunteers need to keep in mind and help safeguard the privacy of teachers and other employees.
- In accordance with our school procedures for confidentiality and limited distractions, no individual will be allowed in the office area behind the secretary.
Thank you for your willingness to partner with us. We look forward to working with you in a productive and positive way.